Sunday, September 21, 2008

Response to comments...

I would like to clear any confusion caused by my article (some unintended consequences). I noticed Mr. Newburn posted the following comment:

"I'm having trouble seeing the "moral" distinction between marijuana and alcohol. Could you elaborate, Travis?"

My beliefs on this is there is no "moral" distinction between marijuana and alcohol. Both of these drugs when consumed in large amounts will cause you to do things that you would of never done (thats why I would never drink) since it messes up your decision making abilities. The only reason I put in the quote about how people would get drunk to cope with the depression was because thats what they did to get through the depression. Was it right? No, by all means, but thats what they did back then.

Also back on the comment on my article "Not a Perfect World." In responce to the question...

"If greed is the driving force for so much good, why do you think it's immoral?"

...well, it is because of my beliefs as a Christian that greed is a sin and immoral.

No comments: